Do It Yourself (DIY)
Innovative Splashbacks® are the ultimate glass alternative splashbacks and a DIY’ers dream, having transformed kitchens, bathrooms and laundries nationwide.
Innovative Splashbacks® are 50% lighter than glass, 25x stronger, slightly flexible and highly durable. Our luxury acrylic splashbacks are quick and easy to install, saving you precious time and money.
We understand how important it is to save every single dollar without compromising on your end result and pride ourselves on the fact that Innovative Splashbacks® are The Affordable Luxury.
Innovative Splashbacks use an International award winning brand of acrylic that has the aesthetics and performance of glass, backed with over 80 years of proven and trusted world-wide use.
By ordering splashbacks cut to size, you can install your Innovative Splashbacks® yourself quickly and easily, the moment you receive them using our step-by-step, easy to follow instructions. Our luxury acrylic splashbacks will turn you into a DIY Guru, like so many others around Australia.
Innovative Splashbacks® look exactly like glass splashbacks. Coupled with our acrylic’s 80+ years of proven & unsurpassed durability in both indoor and outdoor environments, we complete the ultimate DIY package by providing:
- Your splashbacks cut to size to your exact requirements. This means you only pay for what you need, reduces waste and saves you precious time and money. Or you can purchase Innovative Splashbacks® in full sized panels and easily cut them yourself using normal wood working tools
- With the cut to size option, Innovative Splashbacks® are ready to install the moment you receive them
- You can chose from our wide range of designer colours OR choose your own colour. We can colour match anything from paint colours (ie. Dulux/Taubmans/Wattyl/British etc) to tiles & even fabric swatches
- Deliver direct to you nationwide
- Industry leading 10 year warranty for our painted splashbacks
- A play piece is included in your order to practice any drilling & cutting (if necessary) for your peace of mind
- If you have any questions and can’t find the answers in our step-by-step installation guide, you can call us 7 days a week & we’ll be happy to assist you.
For information including measuring and installing Innovative Splashbacks please refer to the Technical Page.
See our 7 Tips – How to choose your splashbacks where we explain the must do’s when choosing acrylic/polymer & glass alternative splashbacks for your project.
Handy Innovative Splashbacks® facts & why they are Australia’s #1 Glass Alternative Splashbacks
- Installs 4 times faster than glass and tiles
- Can be cut and drilled using normal woodworking tools at the point of installation
- Edges can be sanded or planed
- Innovative Splashbacks® are not transparent
- Can be installed over new or existing wall finishes
- Can be installed straight over existing tiled walls
- Colour is painted on the rear, in our clean, dust-free spraybooths. This is the same process as for glass splashbacks. Unlike metal composite/aluminum type splashbacks that are painted on the front which have a significantly high risk of paint scratching & chipping
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- UV and direct sunlight will not affect or fade the colour of our luxury splashbacks
- Use neutral cure silicone in clear or coloured to seal joins and around panel perimeter
- Innovative Splashbacks are easy to clean. Warm soapy water and a soft cloth will keep them looking luxurious for years
- 6mm thick – so the clarity and depth of colour of Innovative Splashbacks looks exactly like glass splashbacks
- Innovative Splashbacks use a brand of acrylic which is world renowned for its quality, clarity and durability. It has been used in a mind boggling array of uses world-wide for over the past 80 years such as commercial aquariums and aircraft windows and windscreens
- There are no other glass alternative splashback products on the market with the same pedigree of durability and flexibility of use that Innovative Splashbacks® acrylic proudly has
- Innovative Splashbacks® can be used behind electric, induction and ceramic cooktops with a minimum 50mm clearance between edge of cooktop and front face of splashback panel
- For gas cooktops a distance of 200mm between the edge of the rear gas burner and the splashback is required. Alternatively we can supply stainless steel inserts for behind your cooktop to whatever width and height you require.
DIY CASE STUDY
Who: Ms. G. Williams, DIY client Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
Date: February 2015
Client had renovated their kitchen and wanted splashbacks that:
- looked like glass
- were affordable and
- able to do the installation themselves
We provided the client with the support to ensure the correct measure of their required splashbacks area. Support was provided both by telephone conversation and emailing client our easy to follow measurement and installation guide. We happily answered questions via email as well.
Client provided their measurements for their splashback walls and window surrounds,including horizontal & vertical window surround panels.
We supplied their acrylic splashbacks cut to their required sizes, painted to their required colour, packed and delivered direct to their door within 7 working days from order.
- Clients found installation both quick and easy and are extremely happy with their Innovative Splashbacks®.
- Clients drilled/cut the splashback power point cut outs easily at the point of installing Innovative Splashbacks®.
Clients supplied before and after photos of their kitchen and splashbacks installation. This is what our clients had to say:
"We absolutely love our new kitchen. Thank you very much for your ongoing advice and excellent service. What a fantastic product your splash backs are."
Ms. G. Williams, Sunshine Coast QLD
BEFORE INSTALLATION OF INNOVATIVE SPLASHBACKS
AFTER DIY INSTALLATION OF INNOVATIVE SPLASHBACKS®